Monday, May 3, 2010

M.I.A.


M.I.A.'s new music video 'Born Free' is worth a watch.
It was removed from YouTube because, in NME's words "it features nudity, graphic violence and a plot where ginger adolescents are rounded up into an armour-protected van, driven to the country and either shot or made to run through a minefield".
Controversial stuff.

It has come under a lot of criticism as far as I have read, claiming that the video is too "shocking" (according to Anna Pickard) and "gratuitously violent" (as written in this article). Well in my opinion, and I hate to be so blunt, they are boring farts.

It's beautifully shot and nearly 9 minutes long.
I like M.I.A., the video, her music and her points of view.
At least she's not dull and pretentious (*cough* Lady Gaga).

Here's the video.

If you don't know M.I.A., check out her brilliant 2007 single 'Paper Planes' here that was used in Slumdog Millionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment