Friday, June 18, 2010

HEALTH


HEALTH are described by Wikipedia as "an American noise rock band from Los Angeles, California." and that description really doesn't seem very appealing, to me anyway. Fortunately they are much more than that.
I previously knew them only as a band who sort of collaborated with CC, calling it 'Crystal Castles vs. HEALTH - Crimewave'. Which is a brilliant song -



Anyway, my mate Ned who is very knowledgeable about music, instructed me to listen to 'We Are Water' by HEALTH. It's from their 2009 album 'Get Color'. The daring video that accompanies the song is absolute beautiful artistic genius. I love every bit of it.



It reminds me of one of my favourite Oscar Wilde quotes that has always stuck with me: "A woman dancing with her bare feet in the blood of a man she has craved for and slain". It's from his play Salomé.

No comments:

Post a Comment