Sunday, June 13, 2010

I don't wanna be learned

Jack Black as Dewey Finn in 'School of Rock'

In preparation for the end of my exams, this coming Thursday (4 days to go), I have been making a playlist of songs about school and mostly what a waste of time it is. Another ploy to avoid revision. Also, I like to play it very loudly when getting ready to go attend yet another GCSE.
It's not very long at the moment but I'll keep adding to it. There's quite a mix of songs, from hard rock to pop, from punk to indie. Some are silly tracks (like 'Fuck School' by The Replacements), others are beautiful and touching (namely 'At Seventeen' by Janis Ian). It includes obvious choices like 'School's Out' and 'Another Brick In The Wall' as well as Belle & Sebastian songs.

If you do have Spotify you can check it out here (and subscribe to the playlist if you like, I won't stop you). If you don't have Spotify, you're uncool and it's official.

NB: the playlist does not include High School Musical.


one of the greatest music videos of all time

2 comments:

  1. OOMMGG sienna ur my biggest fan!!! no joke i spend so much time on ur blog, and i love ur other one too!! your playlists are so varied; u have such good taste!! we should totally meet up some time for coffee and a chat (and more coffee)
    Truly yours, your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean any of that. I am not a stalker. I am a normal person who is in love with Sienna's work

    ReplyDelete